Coultershaw Heritage Site offers a range of activities, talks and events for families, schools and adults.
Our learning centre, located in the Warehouse, is a flexible space for talks, activities and events for around 30. Facilities include a unisex toilet and an accessible toilet, a small kitchen area and tables and chairs.
- Talk and Tour – for special interest groups we can offer a talk and tour tailored to your group’s interest and need.
- Nature Trail – a self-guided ‘Plant life at Coultershaw’ will be available in 2015 for free at the front desk.
- Nature Trails – as there are different things to see and do at different times of the year we have two family trails. One for the spring and summer ‘Discover Coultershaw Nature Trail’ and one for autumn/ winter ‘Tree Detectives’. These are available for FREE from the front desk.
- Family Activity Days – come and join us in October for our Big Draw event.
- Explore Coultershaw – is an exciting way for your school to discover the nature, geography and history of Coultershaw. Aimed at primary schools the adaptable and flexible session can be delivered by our education volunteers as a whole day or half-day depending on your needs. Have a look at an example of a session.
The Coultershaw Trust is keen to support school visits to the site. Where coach costs are a barrier to visiting please apply to the South Downs National Park Authority travel grant scheme at http://learning.southdowns.gov.uk/learning/travel-grant/ Grants are now available for visits from 1st September 2016 until 31st March 2017.
Organisations not eligible for SDNPA support should contact the Trust at email@example.com
Resources for schools to help you plan your visit to us:
Additional support materials for schools: